Monday, May 4, 2009

Kliewer

In this article Kliewer discuses the problems with the “special ed” programs of today, and how it is un fair to stick students into these environments because they are different, and “can’t” learn like normal students. Once again another one of those eye opening essays for me to read because I had simply never thought of these concerns and problems that face many of these kids today. I hope you guys don’t mind that since his is late I’m adding in the video as well because I felt like it was very complimentary to this reading assignment, and I’m glad that I got to see the video. The essay is well written and everything but nothing gets the point across better then seeing the people who are affected by this first hand, and to be completely honest with you guys I find it appalling the way that some of the people in the movie and the reading were treated. “I wanted to take other classes that interested me. I had never felt so mad, I wanted to cry.” People with disabilities are just that, PEOPLE and that’s how they should be treated not as second class citizens who should have no control over their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Glad this opened your eyes... where is the video you mention?

    ReplyDelete